Interested in volunteering as a food rescue courier or contributing other skills to help Boulder Food Rescue create a more just and less wasteful food system?
Help us get to know you by filling out our Volunteer Form.
To get started volunteering, we ask that you:
- Please review our volunteer guidelines.
- Fill out our Volunteer Intake Form.
- Complete our online New Volunteer Orientation.
- The online orientation is 90 minutes. Here’s a calendar for our upcoming trainings: https://www.boulderfoodrescue.org/calendar/
- If you choose to bike volunteer shifts-you will have the option of a (physically distanced) in-person bike training. The bike training will be discussed and scheduled within the New Volunteer Orientation.
- Email [email protected] if you would like to sign up for a training.
Some of our most plentiful volunteer opportunities are for food redistribution shifts. These are the shifts where courier volunteers pick up and sort produce and other foods from food donors, then transport those nutritious goods to the recipient sites for that shift.
- Delivering donations of food and sanitary items
- (like hand sanitizer, soap, gloves etc.)
- These are one-time delivery shifts and you can join a volunteer list to get notifications of upcoming volunteer opportunities.
- Digital Volunteer Opportunities
- Our digital opportunities vary depending on volunteers’ interests, skills, and project availability. Please reach out if you are interested in digital volunteering opportunities. Some examples include: writing, volunteer story collection and sharing, blog writing, research, donor and volunteer appreciation
- Outreach Team:
- Help us tell the story of BFR through community outreach efforts. Some ideas include: Tabling at events, Writing blogs or articles for our website, Helping with Promotion, Silent Auction asks for our fall fundraiser (Food Rescue Feast), Wear our shirts and tell everyone you meet!
- Skills & Contributions:
- If you have skills, ideas, knowledge, or other things you want to contribute, we will always welcome them. We often need help in the below areas, but are open to others (Grant Writing, Graphic Design, Fundraising, Event Planning, Writing)