Would you like to help Boulder Food Rescue in our mission to create a more just, less wasteful food system in Boulder? There are several ways you can volunteer:
- Bike Deliveries: Pick up food from one of 28+ local grocery stores and deliver it to recipient sites around Boulder. We ask that you commit an hour- two hours of time per shift. Trailers are provided, and we have loaner bikes available if you do not have one. For more information, read the “New Volunteer Orientation” section below, or contact [email protected].
- Skills & Contributions: If you have skills, ideas, knowledge, or other things you want to contribute, we will always welcome them. We often need help in the below areas, but are open to others. For more info, contact [email protected]:
- Grant Writing
- Graphic Design
- Event Planning
- Food Sorters: Help sort food by going to a designated grocery store at a time that works for your schedule, and lends a hand with the sorting process, which can take about 30 minutes. You can sign up for as many shifts a week as you would like! For more information, contact [email protected]
- Lunch Bunch: Join the monthly meals we provide at our low-income senior recipient sites. If you would like to get involved in cooking or planning these, contact [email protected].
- Food Justice Blog: We share articles relating to food waste, redistribution, and food justice. If you’d like to write for or get involved with the blog, contact [email protected].
- Bike Maintenance Team: Keep our bike delivery team on the move by helping maintain our inventory of bikes and trailers. If you are interested in being part of the crew, contact [email protected].
- Fresh Food Connect: This year, we are launching a new program called Fresh Food Connect. Home gardeners can donate produce, and we will bike around and pick up this produce to donate to no-cost grocery programs. We need a crew of consistent volunteers throughout the summer and fall to sign up for these shifts! And the big bonus, you get to ride our sweet new electric-assist tricycle!
- Giving Team: The Giving team is a group of volunteers looking to support Boulder Food Rescue and learn grassroots fundraising skills. This cohort will have a series of 2-3 trainings on grassroots fundraising, with outside one-on-one support from the Executive Director. Cohort members will set their own goals and learn to do direct asks to fundraise for the cause they love. For more information, visit this page, or email [email protected]
New Volunteer Orientation Meetings
We hold orientation meetings every other Tuesday @ 6pm and Wednesday at 12pm for new volunteers. Click here to view the meeting calendar. Join us to learn more about volunteering and sign up for shifts. Be sure to bring your personal schedule!
2510 47th St.
When facing the building front (Boulder Fermentation Supply), head around to the right side of the building, and go through the first door on your left, up the stairs, and around to #206.
Children are welcome to join the meetings. We do not regularly provide child care but we can provide childcare upon request. Please email us ahead of time to make sure we can set up a date to do so.
For more info or questions: Send us an email at [email protected].