» Logistics & Tracking Tool
Logistics & Tracking Tool
A screen-shot of the home page for a volunteer. The program shows upcoming pickups (including a map), and tracks personal food rescue statistics.
In 2012, our Food Rescue Robot was created by our co-founder, Caleb Phillips. This custom web application automates many of the tasks required when running a food rescue organization driven by volunteers.
The Food Rescue Robot is currently being used by 13 cities across the United States. This open source software can be used by others and we are working to develop more features currently to fit needs of different regions.
Some of the current operations of the Robot include:
- Tracking and maintaining schedule and volunteers
- Recording data from pick-ups
- Giving volunteers autonomy to take shifts and know how to do shifts
- Generating receipts for donors
- Keeping track of daily shifts that may vary from regular schedule
- Volunteer absence scheduling
If you are interested in trying it out, or learning more, please send an email to [email protected]
Click here to download a Volunteer How-To Guide for the Robot
Click here to download an Administrator How-To Guide for the Robot