Food Rescue Alliance aims to create a more just and less wasteful food system through both movement building and direct support to grassroots, community-based, food recovery programs. FRA supports food rescue organizations through peer-to-peer learning, trainings, consulting, resource sharing and workshops. FRA members encompass values such as: health equity, community-driven work, participation, volunteerism, and committing to working on systems-level change.
FRA is currently a project of Boulder Food Rescue. The entire program entails:
The Food Rescue Alliance peer learning network is a way for emerging innovative food rescue organizations to be able to share information, ideas, projects, values, and create an overall collaboration between people developing innovative models of food recovery in the country.
1. Robot: Use and full access to the Robot for data tracking and logistical services.
2. 1-1 Direct Consulting Services: Individual assistance and training in the development of new food rescue organizations, up to a year from inception.
3. Access to Peer Learning Network: Access to participate in Peer Learning Network to gain resources and insight from fellow FRA members through individual conversations as well as network workshops and gatherings.
4. Bi-Monthly Workshops: Invitations to attend and participate in the facilitation of FRA bi-monthly workshops on diverse topics relevant to and proposed by members.
5. Additional Starting Resources and Document Sharing: Access to additional resources including budgets, volunteer outreach materials, educational tools, recipient surveys and more collected through the Peer Learning Network.
6. Forward Food Summit: Admission to the annual Forward Food Summit hosted by Boulder Food Rescue, Denver Food Rescue, Colorado Springs Food Rescue, Longmont Food Rescue and Groundwork Denver. For more information, please see the Forward Food Summit website here: forwardfoodsummit.org
Hole Food Rescue
Seattle Food Rescue
Twin Cities Food Justice
Food Link, MA
Table 2 Table
Membership for the Alliance:
Membership costs are created on a sliding scale based on organizational annual budget. For more information about how it works and what it costs, please email our FRA Program Manager at [email protected]
For more info all together, please go to foodrescuealliance.org