Communications and Administrative Specialist
Boulder Food Rescue is hiring a part time Communications and Administrative Specialist to work with our team to improve our back end administrative duties, support our fundraising work, and drive our communications and social media campaigns. Information about how to apply and the job description are below:
How to Apply
Click this to download the employment application.
Email Your RESUME and THIS APPLICATION to Hayden Dansky here:
by January 8th at 5pm.
We look forward to reviewing your submission. We will be in touch about the interview process.
Job Description: Communications and Administrative Specialist
Position Start Date: January 29th, 2018
Part Time Hourly
10 Hours per Week at $12 per Hour
Job Description: The Communications and Administrative Specialist (CAS) is responsible for supporting the work of Boulder Food Rescue by working on back-end administration duties, organization and bookkeeping, communications and promotions, and supporting fundraising efforts, events and projects. The overall goal of the Communications and Administrative Specialist is to increase the awareness and support the relationships between BFR and the community at large.
Qualifications: There are no formal qualifications for the position. We believe in the ability for anybody to learn new skills and knowledge. Individual applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and evaluated based on merit and experience, with particular emphasis on leadership and communications skills, combined with a strong work-ethic and personal dedication and passion for the mission of the organization. Specific experience in communications, social media use, operations or graphic design and speaking Spanish are helpful, but not necessary.
I. Donor Management and Fundraising
- Donor Upkeep: The CAS will be responsible for inputting monthly and one-time donors into the donor management system and maintaining an accurate and reliable database. They will also pull reports that support targeted communications with supporters.
- Acknowledgement and Relationship Building: The CAS is responsible for sending thank-you notes to donors in a timely manner. The CAS will support the ED in developing relationships with large donors and foster long-term sustained giving among this donor population.
- Annual Events: The CAS is responsible for helping with support on the annual fundraising event for the organization, Feast of Fermentation. The CAS will find volunteers and delegate tasks effectively, along with other fundraising events that may be identified as beneficial to the organization over time. The CAS will work with the Development Assistant throughout the year to identify and secure ongoing high-value silent auction donations from local organizations as part of their annual giving campaigns.
- Website Updates: Work with the volunteer website administrator to make updates to the website as needed.
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are the primary social media accounts for BFR. The role of the CAS is to post on all of these regularly, either daily or every other day. Posts will first be pre-approved by staff until the CAS feels as if they have a good grasp of the language and values of BFR. The CAS will also work on social media boosts and advertising. The social media plan will be co-created by the CAS and the Executive Director.
- Marketing Support: The CAS will help create posters and necessary signage for projects and events. They will also print and distribute necessarily depending on the events. They will make sure the tabling opportunities have everything they need and work on increasing exposure to the public via tabling opportunities and networking events.
III. Administrative and Operations Projects
- Insurance: Make sure BFR’s insurance contracts are updated and paid for annually.
- Legal Paperwork: Make sure BFR’s IRS paperwork is submitted, that we remain in good standing with the CO Department of Revenue, and follow up with sales tax contracts, and manage employee benefits, etc.
IV. Support and Work With the Executive Director and Staff Team
- Projects: If other tasks are accomplished, the administrative specialist will work on short and long term goals. These will be decided upon depending on the needs of the organization. Some of these may include working on a specific project, grant, or fundraising goal.
- Weekly Meeting: The administrative assistant will meet with the executive director every other week to discuss tasks and progress. They will also attend staff meeting to understand the work of Boulder Food Rescue to better do their job.